Monday, September 17, 2007

Dear Diary

Age group 12+
Groups of 3-4 students

Let the children practice their stories first, then perform it in front of the group.
(3 min. skit)

One child is the narrator.
The other children act out what the narrator says.
The narrator starts with a pretend diary and pen in their hands and says "Dear Diary," and the other children in their group act out the story.
They can speak but can not interrupt the narrator.

Ex:
Dear diary, today I woke up and and it was my birthday. I jumped out of bed yelled "yippee" and hopped to my dresser. I put on tons of make up and put on my best outfit. OH my gosh...you'll never guess what happened at school...

The narrator stands on the side while the children act out the scene.

1 comment:

chris said...

I did this in my high school drama class, I enjoyed this exercises very much!